Just recently I defended my PhD Thesis entitled “Theoretical Investigations Regarding Single Molecules”. The title is so generic because the thesis contains work in different fields:
- An introduction to the PPP model (an extended Hubbard model) and the numerical solution using exact diagonalization.
- Neoclassical Valence Bond Theory as an effective tool for calculating and describing molecular quantum states.
- Another main topic of the thesis is transport through gated molecular junctions, including work on:
- Quantum interference in transport through interacting electronic systems (e.g. molecules).
- AFM and FM Kondo Effect in transport through molecular junctions.
- Quantum pumping in molecules using a general Floquet formalism.
If you are interested, my thesis can be downloaded here: